caustic soda flakes
Caustic soda flakes
Caustic soda flakes : Caustic Soda Lye is one of the most widely used chemicals
in the industry.
Caustic soda is a solution of Sodium hydroxide (NAOH) in water.
It is a strong base with a wide range of applications in different industries.
We produce caustic soda with chlorine and hydrogen from the electrolysis
of salt brine.
With our production in four plants in Europe and our quality commitment,
we guarantee a high service level towards our customers.
Worldwide, the major users of caustic soda are the aluminum industry,
pulp & paper and the chemical industry.
The main applications are water treatment and water purification,
combination as cleaning agent,
or a wide range of uses in chemical industry like starch production or
for the desulphurization in the petrochemical industry.
Caustic soda is obtained from the electrolysis of salt.
A concentrated solution of purified salt (Na-Cl) in demineralized water (i.e. brine)
is decomposed in an electrolytic cell by the passage of an electrical current (DC).
In the electrolytic cell, the sodium chloride solution is decomposed to chlorine at
the anode and to a sodium hydroxide solution and hydrogen at the cathode.
- water demineralization: regeneration of ion ex changers
- drinking water production: partial water softening
- beverages: bottle-cleaning
- dairy: cleaning production installations
- rayon industry: preparation of spinning solutions
- pharmaceutical industry: various products, including sodium lactate
- cooking oils and fats: refining and purification
- production of starches and derivatives
- petroleum industry: refining and desulfurization
- waste-water treatment: pH-correction, flocculants enhancers
- steel production: ammonia recovery in cokes production
Arax chemistry industry group
world-class packaging, the price-appropriate and up to date rate
is ready to provide any service to domestic and foreign customers.
+98912 930 1052