Aluminum sulfate Technical Data Sheet
Technical Data Sheet
Name: Aluminum Sulfate
Commercial Name: Aluminum Sulfate
Chemical Formula: Al2O12S3
Purity: 17 %
Density 2/67 gr/
Similar or Synonym names: Alum, Aluminum Sulfate, Cake Alum and Filter alum.
Molar mass: 342/15 gr.
Appearance: this chemical is in the form of Granule, Crystalized and or powder which solution in water is acidic.
It is a mineral salt which is the second most used compound of aluminum. And, when it is solved in water, water PH is reduced and it becomes acidic. it has got a great power in coagulation and flocculation of coagulant particles. Appearance is white solid crystal.
It has got a lot various characteristics. These features make this chemical one the most used chemicals in different industries.
Among these characteristics are as below:
- Omitting alkali carbon of solution;
- Omitting colored particles of humic and fulvic
high effectiveness in Trihalomethanes (THM) compounds
This product is used in many industries regarding its features. Some of them are:
- Water and Sewage treatment;
- Oil industry for oil and grease purification;
- As the coagulant for division of all water impurities;
- Purification of coagulant particles which exist in water as the provider of ions needed;
- Produce and supply of aluminum resins;
- Producing and providing other pure aluminum salts;
- Manufacturing aluminum soaps and gels;
- Foaming agent;
- Foaming agent in extinguishers;
- Canning industry
- Tanning industry;
- Manufacturing metals like ZINC;
- As catalyst for producing Ethan;
- As water proofing agent in concrete;
- Textile and cellulose industry;
- Industrial waters treatment;
- Chits-making industries;
- Leather industry.